Older News and Archives
- 4/8/97 - The By-Laws of the Kern
Fund Advisory Board are now available on-line. PLUS, the Advisory Board
is holding its next meeting on April 22nd, with the preliminary
agenda also on-line.
- 3/8/97 - 1996 end-of-year figures prepared by The Dayton
Foundation and received by the Advisory Board Chair on March 3rd
indicate the Fund's market value was $68,472.09
on December 31st. The
1996 Summary Report is now available
on-line for your convenience.
- 11/23/96 - Statistics for the Three Quarters
Ending 9/30/96 are in and available on-line.
- 10/9/96 - The Kern Fund Advisory Board will be meeting on October
14th. The agenda has been posted on-line.
- 9/24/96 - When Carl B. Kern established YMCA camping in the Dayton
area in 1910, he was continuing a tradition that began 25 years earlier in 1885
with the first YMCA camp, Camp Dudley. A listing of YMCA Camps
on the Web by Region will enable you to check into YMCA camps all around
the world to see how far YMCA camping has come....
- 8/19/96 - Statistics for the Two Quarters
Ending 6/30/96 are in and available on-line.
- 5/21/96 - 1996 1st Quarter Statistics
are in and available on-line.
- 5/09/96 - Additional financial summaries for 1994, 1993, and 1992
have been posted on-line for your convenience.
- 2/22/96 - 1995 end-of-year figures prepared by The Dayton
Foundation and received by the Advisory Board Chair on February 22nd
indicate the Fund's market value was $59,570.37
on December 31st. The
1995 Summary Report is available on-line
for your convenience.
- 12/19/95 - Our leaps into World Wide Web technology continue
as we have now added the capacity to request information on-line. If
you have a "forms-capable" browser (most people do), check out
our new Request for Information Form.
- 12/08/95 - This is a belated announcement to all who may not be
aware that John M. Gogle passed away on October 11th at age 70.
Son of Maurice F. Gogle, former General Secretary of the Dayton YMCA,
John was a Sponsor of The Carl B. Kern Fund and supported other recent
Camp Kern activities including the construction of the Ralph D. Roehm
Memorial Cabin in 1992. His sons Tom, Jim, and daughter-in-law Nancy
were all staff at Camp Kern.
The Advisory Board would like to express our most sincere condolences
to Mrs. Gogle and the rest of the family.
- 11/30/95 - 3rd quarter figures prepared by The Dayton Foundation
and received by the Advisory Board Chair on November 17th indicate the
Fund's market value was $53,427.34
on September 30th. The Fund
continues to benefit from the strong financial market this year, with
over $8,000 added to the Fund since January 1st from investment income
and market value increases alone. $1,500 in donations have been received
in 1995 as the Advisory Board prepares for our year-end giving mailings.
- 9/21/95 - 2nd quarter figures prepared by The Dayton Foundation
and received by the Advisory Board Chair on August 21st indicate the
Fund's market value was $51,161.62 on June 30th. This increase
is notable since the $2,600 distribution to Camp Kern was deducted
this quarter and there was only $225 in gifts, but investment income
made up the difference and then some....
- 4/21/95 - The bombing in Oklahoma City has hit home to several
of The Carl B. Kern Fund who know Dave Larrabee, former Assistant
Director at YMCA Camp Campbell Gard of Hamilton, OH who just recently
became the Assistant Director at YMCA Camp Classen of Oklahoma City.
Dave was sitting
in his office at the downtown YMCA when the explosion occurred across
the street. He required stitches for
cuts to his face but is otherwise doing OK. He reported substantial
damage at the Y, including injuries to children at the Y's daycare
center. Dave's name is actually listed on the Internet in an Oklahoma